cbsnews.com | Department of Justice (DOJ) Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein announced the indictment of Russian nationals and organizations for "interference" in the 2016 presidential election. The DOJ claims they engaged in "information warfare" against the U.S. They are accused of setting up a virtual private network (VPN) in the U.S. to make it appear that the social media accounts they were using were controlled by people from the U.S. There is no evidence that any American was knowingly involved in the "conspiracy" or that they affected the outcome of the election.
Are you kididng me? We are indicting people for what amounts to low-level election trolling and calling it "Information Warfare"? Did they hack the voting machines, our critical infrastructure, financial systems or weapon systems?
Wikipedia lists the following as examples of "Information Warfare":
- Television, internet and radio transmission(s) can be jammed.
- Television, internet and radio transmission(s) can be hijacked for a disinformation campaign.
- Logistics networks can be disabled.
- Enemy communications networks can be disabled or spoofed, especially online social community in modern days.
- Stock exchange transactions can be sabotaged, either with electronic intervention, by leaking sensitive information or by placing disinformation.
- The use of drones and other surveillance robots or webcams.
- Communication management
From the indictment
"The Defendants, posing as U.S. persons and creating false U.S. personas, operated social media pages and groups designed to attract U.S. audiences. These groups and pages, which addressed divisive U.S. political and social issues, falsely claimed to be controlled by U.S. activists when, in fact, they were controlled by Defendants. Defendants also used the stolen identities of real U.S. persons to post on ORGANIZATION-controlled social media accounts".
In the weeks leading up to the 2016 election, this site, GaltReport.com, was Hacked, not once but twice and Galt's personal internet service was disabled on election night. Superficial evidence suggested that the hackers were from Russia, however, we know that this is easilly spoofed so we just ignored that and fixed the security vulnerabilities. In retrospect, this indictment suggests that we should have called the FBI to investigate the "Information Warfare" crimes against our site.
Don't get us wrong, we don't condone any foreign actor/entity meddling in our elections, however, in the context of the politically inspired massive Special Counsel investigation into "Russian Collusion" and the recent reports that the FBI failed to follow-up on reports, as recent as last month, that could have prevented the recent deadly school shooting in Florida by Nikolas Cruz, this indictment, for what amounts to low-level election trolling, is an embarrassment to the DOJ & FBI and calls into question the priorities and competancy of these law enforcement organizations.
Francisco d'Anconia is an owner by inheritance of the world's largest copper mining operation. He is a childhood friend, and the first love, of Dagny Taggart. A child prodigy of exceptional talents, Francisco was dubbed the "climax" of the d'Anconia line, an already prestigious family of skilled industrialists. He was a classmate of John Galt and Ragnar Danneskjöld. He began working while still in school, proving that he could have made a fortune without the aid of his family's wealth and power. His full name is given as "Francisco Domingo Carlos Andres Sebastián d'Anconia".
- Sessions Fires McCabe Before He Can Retire
- RELEASED: House Intelligence Committee Memo On FISA Abuse (pdf)
- FBI sources: "The People You Are Working For Are Worse Than The Criminals"
- Deputy FBI Director McCabe Threatens to “Torch the FBI” After Forced Resignation
- FBI Texts Reveal "Secret Society" To Bring Down President Trump
Latest from Francisco d'Anconia
- Google, CIA Invest in Real-Time Web Monitoring
- FBI "Loses" Strzok-Page Texts
- Twitter Employees Paid To View "Everything You Post Online" Including Private Sex Messages
- FBI Director's Original Memo Says Hillary Clinton Was "Grossly Negligent"
- House Intelligence Committiee Subpoenas McCain Institute Director